Pros: The method is easier, and you can get the Android device compatible YouTube videos so that you can play the download videos normally.
Cons: You need a computer and a program as the aids, kind of boring.
For Firefox user, download the add-on Easy YouTube Video Downloader , which is a very easy add-on manager for firefox to let you download YouTube videos as FLV, 3GP, MP4, MP3 and even 720p HD and 1080p Full HD.
If you use Chrome or IE, then I would suggest you this free youtube downloader to download YouTube videos or audios directly to your Android phone, provide your Android phone is connected with the PC. This program is windows 8 compatible.
2.Download YouTube videos on web browser on Your Android device
Pros: You can directly download the YouTube videos on your Android device without any other things.
Cons: The downloaded YouTube video on the website may be not compatible with your Android device, and you may need to convert the video before watching it.
At the moment, the top YouTube download website includes: KeepVid, Zamzar, SaveYouTube, KeepTube.
- Open your Android web browser, and go to YouTube website.
- Search for and tap the video you want to download, choose Browser from the options that the mobile device will prompt you.
- Copy the video URL by tapping “Menu” + “Go to URL”
- Go to a website like http://www.keepvid.com
- Paste this YouTube address on the Search Box and hit Enter
- Tap “›› Download ‹‹ (video.mp4 – High Quality)”. Then it will download the videos in a new window. After it, just find the video in your browser history.
Pros: You can directly download the YouTube videos on your Android device, and it can supports more video formats and resolutions than the YouTube downloading website.
Cons:You need to install one app on Your Android device, which may slow your Android device’s speed.
For Android app, I would like to suggest TubeMate for you, which has ever been the best free app before Google removed it. It not only lets you download YouTube videos in variety of video formats and resolutions or as MP3 files, but also it can be a full media player for your Android phone.
4.Download YouTube videos On Android with The Official YouTube Android App(Android 2.3 Only)
Of course, you cannot use the official YouTube Android app to download videos, but there is the modified version by rolle3k.
Warning:This method may be at your own risk and also it is not confirmed to be available for every Android 2.3 phone.
- Download Modify Youtube apk, transfer it to your SD Card and install as a normal app using a file manager.
- Open the app and play the YouTube video you want to download.Ensure to hold the phone in portrait mode to keep the on screen options.
- Tab the “More” icon at the upper-right of the screen when video is playing.
- Tap on the popup icon with a down arrow saying “Downl…” (Download) in the right, the downloading is begin. Check download progress on notification bar. When finished, find the video into the “download” folder on your SD Card.
So,you can try out one suitable way for you to get the YouTube videos on your Android. Enjoy it!
How to Download Free Music for Android Phone or Android Tablet?